Monday, February 13, 2012

Instagram: V-Day Week!

Happy Monday!  I'm super excited that it is Valentine's Day Week!  I've always loved this holiday - probably because when I was little I was spoiled with the cutest little gifts from my parents mom (pretty sure dad had nothing to do with the red and pink gifts at breakfast)! :) Also, one of my favorite childhood memories was receiving a love package from my Mama on Valentine's Day!  Her hand written notes on a red paper heart backed with a white lace doily would for sure be a hit on pinterest today!!  I secretly wish I recreated those handmade valentine's notes for Alejandro, but instead, I had another idea: one month ago, I set up a Google email account called Alejandro, My Valentine and have been emailing him notes every day to that account!  Tomorrow, I will give him the password and he will have a month of emails (short and sweet) waiting for him! :)  *Don't worry,  He doesn't know about my surprise - I told him he could not look at instagram or my blog until Tuesday... he was totally bummed ;) Ha!


Do you have any fun plans tomorrow evening?  We have decided to stay in for the night and order Chinese food and watch movies - sounds like a pretty perfect Tuesday evening to me! :)  Tomorrow morning I will be hosting a little Valentine's Day Giveaway on the blog!  A Tibi iPhone 4 Case c/o {Power Support} - Stop by for a chance to win!


I know you have all heard the sad news about Whitney Houston, but I am still kind of in shock! My first CD ever was a Whitney Houston CD and I will always remember sitting in my room listening to my boom box and singing along to her songs.... "I wanna dance with somebody, I wanna feel the heat with somebody..."!  RIP! 

Instagram taken by my friend Meg in LA
And... I thought I would leave you guys with this quote today!  Love it!  Have a great week! :)


16 comments:

Lindsay // Vineyard Loveknots said...

I love the V-Day emails idea!!
So tragic about Whitney... :(

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

That's such a sweet idea!
Sooo looking forward to tomorrow's giveaway! ;)

Eliza :: Case Study said...

That is the cutest idea ever! This is my first week linking up - Happy Monday! xoxo

(Eileen) a creative day said...

Ahhh thats the best idea ever! So sweet :-)

xoxo
eileen

Sydney said...

What a great idea for Valenitnes day! SO cute! Excited about that giveaway, just sayin'

jgale15609 said...

What a very creative and sweet Valentines Day Gift I love it! You should still have a sweet gift coming your way it just won't be waiting at the breakfast table try the mailbox! Love you

Unknown said...

This is the sweetest idea for your valentine!

Nicole Rene said...

That is a really cute idea for Valentine's Day! I need to come up with something for my man... hmmmm.. and ya I'm in shock too. I was never a huge fan but it's just so weird to think about her being dead. Hmm. Anyway hope your lover loves your creative idea!!!!!!! :)

Have a great week!

Mary said...

Fantastic Idea! Wish you shared earlier so I could have done that for my guy as well!

Anonymous said...

That's such a sweet surprise! I love it!

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

What an amazing girlfriend you are!! What a special, special gift! I'm sure he will fall in love with you all over again from reading all of the emails ;)

Alexa said...

Love love that quote and that Whitney memorial.

Lisa @ Elembee, Etc said...

Such a great quote!

Laura said...

that v-day idea is the sweetest idea i've heard of this year- you are a genius!

xo
laura

Lisa Marie said...

The e-mails are such a cute idea!! Men are, secretly, just as sentimental as we are. You are very sweet to do this for him!!

Happy Valentine's Day!!

XOXO

Lisa Marie
http://www.inyourfinery.blogspot.com

Mattie @ Frock Candy said...

LOVE your blog!
I can't wait to catch up.

x.o. Mattie
mattie@frockcandy.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis